Holcim US, with offices in Chicago, has announced the acquisition of the sand and aggregate operations of Pioneer Landscape Centers, a landscape and hardscape materials provider based in Highland Ranch, Colorado.
According to a news release from Holcim, with the growing rate of construction in the Denver, Colorado Springs and Phoenix markets, this transaction strengthens the company’s position by adding to local reserves, alleviating supply constraints and expanding existing quarry production.
"This acquisition brings about significant synergies to address supply and distribution segments of our business," says Toufic Tabbara, region head of North America at Holcim US. "Given the strong growth expected in this market, we're thrilled to bring further operational longevity and value to our team. We look forward to welcoming Pioneer's quarry team into the Holcim family."
Included in the deal are 13 quarries in Colorado and Arizona, with potential reserves for several decades. The purchase of Pioneer's quarries adds to Holcim's recent aggregate operations acquisition in 2022.
After the transaction, Pioneer will continue to operate as a leading distributor of bulk landscape and hardscape materials in the western United States, with 34 retail distribution centers serving commercial, wholesale and residential customers.
In pursuit of this transaction, BNP Paribas acted as the sole financial adviser and Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP as the sole legal adviser to Pioneer and Holland & Hart LLP acted as the legal adviser to Holcim.
Latest from Construction & Demolition Recycling
- John Deere to bring large presence to ConExpo this year
- Vermeer launches CS3500 contaminant separator
- Toyota Motor Handling promotes 2 to from within
- Creating a sustainable shingle
- SDI reports profitable end to 2022
- National Equipment Dealers expands sale of Fuchs Material Handlers equipment to Georgia
- NAPA survey shows 95 percent of RAP is reused in new pavement
- Steel output in US advancing slowly